Click here
Click here
Retail Technology, Retail technology News

Wincanton wins Kiddicare contract

Wednesday July 4 2012

Logistics company to provide multiple, new multichannel distribution and fulfilment services

Logistics company to provide multiple, new multichannel distribution and fulfilment services

 

UK baby retailer Kiddicare has chosen supply chain company Wincanton to provide logistics services.

 

Kiddicare, which was acquired by Morrisons last year, presently generates 85% of revenue from its web and mobile platforms. Its flagship Peterborough superstore accounts for the remaining 15% of sales and is the largest nursery outlet in Europe.

 

In January, Kiddicare and Morrisons announced the acquisition of former Best Buy locations across England, underlining its intention to extend its offline offering and offer customers a multichannel sales experience.

 

Updating supply chain capabilities

 

Wincanton will manage the fulfilment of these new superstores, as well as the existing Peterborough store.

 

As part of the contract, the logistics provider will also re-fit its 200,000-square-foot distribution centre (DC) in Daventry, Northamptonshire, with the aim of receiving its first goods in July.

 

Daventry will serve the new outlet network and its online orders. But the online orders will continue to be dispatched direct to the customer from Kiddicare’s Peterborough DC.

 

Grant Henley, Kiddicare operations director, stated: “We needed to find a supply chain partner who we could trust to manage a complex and rapid warehouse start-up that also had the experience and ability to meet the challenges of a multichannel sales environment.”